USE OF INFORMATION
We use your information, including Personal Information, to provide our services to you and to help improve them, including to:
- allow the Member(s) of your choice to better assist you and provide you with services based on your tailored needs;
- provide, maintain, administer, or expand our services, perform business analyses, or for other internal purposes to support, improve, or enhance our business, our services, and other products and services we offer;
- send you information about Doctors Network or our Services;
- contact you when necessary or requested, including to remind you of an upcoming payment due date;
- send emails and other communications that display content that we think will interest you, and according to your preferences;
- use statistical information that we collect in any way permitted by law, including from third parties in connection with their commercial and marketing efforts;
- and prevent, detect, and investigate security breaches and potentially illegal or prohibited activities.
We may use information that is neither Personal Health Information nor non-PHI (including non-PHI, Personal Health Information that has been de-identified and/or aggregated) to better understand who uses Doctors Network and how we can deliver a better healthcare experience.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may disclose certain information that we collect from you, such as:
- We may share your Personal Information with Members who provide you care. Unless you specify that you do not want a certain Member to whom you are registered to have access to your information, your relevant medical history will be shared with your chosen Member(s).
- We may share your Personal Information with your chosen Member in the event of an emergency.
- We may also share your Personal Information with organizations that collect, aggregate, and organize your information so they can make it more easily accessible to your chosen Member(s).
- We do not sell email addresses to third parties. We may share your email address with our business partners to enable them to help Doctors Network customize our advertising.
- We may share your Personal Information and Traffic Data with our business partners who perform core operational services (such as hosting, billing, fulfillment, data storage, security, insurance verification, or Website analytics, and/or making certain features available to our users).
- For the purposes of determining eligibility and cost-sharing obligations, and otherwise obtaining benefit plan information, we may share with the insurance provider you identify to us (via our business partners) your insurance-related Personal Information.
- We may transfer your information to another company in connection with a merger, sale, acquisition, or other change of ownership or control by or of Doctors Network (whether in whole or in part). Should one of these events occur, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you before your information becomes subject to different privacy and security policies and practices.
- We also may need to disclose your Personal Information or any other information we collect about you if we determine, in good faith, that such disclosure is needed to: (1) comply with applicable law, regulation, court order or other legal process; (2) protect the rights, property or safety of Doctors Network or another party; (3) enforce the Agreement or other agreements with you; or (4) respond to claims that any posting or other content violates third-party rights.
- We may disclose information that is neither Personal Information nor non-PHI(including non-PHI Personal Information that has been de-identified and/or aggregated) at our discretion.
We store and process your information on our servers in the United States and abroad. We maintain industry standard backup and archival systems.
Any information that you may reveal in a review posting or online discussion or forum is intentionally open to the public and is not in any way private. Doctors Network does not operate a forum, but does allow you to communicate with Members through our Site before subscribing to their services, as well as leave public Feedback for Members, in compliance with the Acceptable Uses.
STORAGE AND SECURITY OF INFORMATION
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We endeavor to follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and in storage. For example, when you enter sensitive information on our Site, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer (SSL) technology.
We also may automatically collect certain data when you use the Services, such as (1) IP address; (2) domain server; (3) type of device(s) used to access our Services; (4) web browser(s) used to access our Services; (5) referring webpage or other source through which you accessed our Services; (6) geolocation information; and (7) other statistics and information associated with the interaction between your browser or device and the Services (collectively, “Traffic Data”). Depending on applicable law, some Traffic Data may be Personal Information.
We may also collect additional information, which may be Personal Information, as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
As a registered user of our Services, you can modify some of the Personal Information you have included in your profile or change your username by logging in and accessing your account. If you wish to close your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Doctors Network will delete your account and the related information at your request as soon as reasonably possible. Please note, however, that Doctors Network reserves the right to retain information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, enforce the Agreement, and take other actions permitted by law.
You mustpromptly notify us if any of your account data is lost, stolen, or used without permission.
When you access our Services, we may ask you to voluntarily provide us certain information that personally identifies (or could be used to personally identify) you, the doctors you have visited, your reasons for visit, your dates of visit, your medical history, and other medical and health information you choose to share with us, and other information that you voluntarily choose to provide to us, including, without limitation, SSN, unique identifiers (such as passwords), and Personal Information in emails or letters that you send to us. You may still access and use some of the Services if you choose not to provide us with any Personal Information, but the features of the Services that require your Personal Information will not be accessible to you.
HIPAA AND PHI
Under a federal law called the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”), some of the demographic, health, and/or health-related information that Doctors Network collects as part of providing our Services may be considered “protected health information,” or “PHI”. Specifically, when Doctors Network receives identifiable information about you from or on behalf of your chosen Members and/or Health Insurance provider, this information is PHI. HIPAA provides specific protections for the privacy and security of PHI, and restricts how PHI is used and disclosed. When applicable, Doctors Network may only use and disclose your PHI in the manner permitted by HIPAA or with your consent.
BILLING, COLLECTION AND PAYMENT INFORMATION
You may choose to set up automatic payment withdrawal through our payment processor for whichever day, no later than 2 days before the payment date on the 10thof each month. The information we store may include your payment card type and the last four digits of the payment card, or the entire card number. We may provide you the option to remove your stored payment card information through your account settings page.